Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
First 48 Hours Enrolled
- Using your KCTCS PeopleSoft Student ID Number, found on the top left of your class schedule, and beginning with two zeroes - 00xxxxxx
- Go to https://bigsandy.kctcs.edu/current-students/
- Scroll down the page
- Select User Account Center
- Select Setup Your User Profile
- Type your birthday and KCTCS ID number
- Set up three challenge questions in case you forget your password
- Set up a complex password
- Write down your KCTCS username and password before you leave the page.
Set Up Your Account
A step by step instructional document about setting up your account, including resetting your password.
Use http://mypath.kctcs.edu/ and set a bookmark on your device; MyPath is your digital basket at BSCTC
- Check Student Accounts, Financial Aid, etc.
- Check e-mail
- Attend class or check course content via Blackboard
- Download the KCTCS app - which is your digital mobile basket
Your username and password for the account is your key to access resources, check grades, file appeals, log into classes, etc.
- the user account is your first initial, your last name, and then 4 numbers assigned to the account
- htackett0435 is your username
- email@example.com is your e-mail address
After enrollment, school and official communication is sent to your KCTCS e-mail (like financial aid info).
What's in the app?
- Notifications which can be set to alarms on your device
- One-tap access to e-mail and Blackboard
- About Me, which deep links to places like your groups, holds, bursar's office, and financial aid
- Bulletin board for messaging other students
If you are comfortable using this mobile basket, the app is a great tool!
I Forgot My Password!
Go to the reset password link and ask for a new one. Current Students > User Account Center
Fixing a Stuck Password Setting In Your Browser
If you've saved your password on your device, and it suddenly stops working, we can help. The answer is to delete the saved password from your device. In this example, Chrome from a Windows desktop is the app which saved the password. Help might be a little different in a different environment. If you are using another app or device, please contact us.